Ante Matter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ghosts In Empty Houses (Striders)

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ghosts In Empty Houses (Striders) - Page 2 Empty Re: Ghosts In Empty Houses (Striders)

Post  THISLOSERHERE Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:39 am

"You know Cal?" Dirk asked suspiciously. "Nobody knows Cal but me" His eyes narrowed dangerously.
THISLOSERHERE
THISLOSERHERE

Back to top Go down

Ghosts In Empty Houses (Striders) - Page 2 Empty Re: Ghosts In Empty Houses (Striders)

Post  Ezikeel Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:42 am

"Out of all the shit I've said to you today, that's what you're surprised by? Oh wait, you weren't listening to me 90% of the time. But, yeah, I know Cal. Lil' gangsta orange puppet with the creepy eyes, likes high-fives? Trust me, I know Cal even better than I ever wanted to."
Ezikeel
Ezikeel
Admin

https://antematter.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  THISLOSERHERE Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:46 am

"Cal doesn't high five" Dirk snapped "And he wouldn't like you"
THISLOSERHERE
THISLOSERHERE

Back to top Go down

Post  Ezikeel Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:57 am

"Probably not. That's beside the point, anyway."

He jumped up on the railing, looking at the kid over his shoulder.

"You've got a place to go when everything's said and done. That offer's not going away. You don't have to decide now. I'm gonna go get your shades."

He leaped off of the side of the building, going into a perfect parkour roll just in time to avoid any damage from the fall. He grinned up at the miniature copy of his brother, popped his headphones in, and strode off down the road with a new pep in his step.
Ezikeel
Ezikeel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  THISLOSERHERE Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:28 am

Dirk glared at his retreating form before retreating himself, back into the belly of the beast.

That was months ago. Since then Dave Strider firmly wormed his way into Dirk's life. He visited the roof and Dirk's windowsill frequently, and usually with gifts. Every time Dirk saw him, he made the same promise "I'll take care of you when they boot you to the curb" and at some point, Dirk started believing him.

All of Dirk's belongings fit into a duffle bag and backpack. It was barely anything. Clothes, a piece of shit computer he had salvaged from a dumpster and rebuilt, a knit blanket he had gotten from one of his nicer homes and Cal. He held Cal in the crook of his arm as he stood in front of the building, under the awning to protect the two of them from the rain.

As of today, December 3rd, he was 18 and homeless.
THISLOSERHERE
THISLOSERHERE

Back to top Go down

Post  Ezikeel Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:45 am

"Stupid, shitty, fucking rain." Dave ranted quietly to himself as he trudged down the street, bundled up against what was, to him, frigid cold. He'd grown up in Texas all his life, after all, and Texas winter was still fucking winter as far as he was concerned. If it got even colder in other parts of the country, he wasn't interested in finding out.

He had one ginormous umbrella that he was counting on to keep him and the kid he was going to pick up out of the shitty rain, but the wind kept trying to rip it out of his hands. By the time he actually got to the apartment complex, he was wet, cold, and grumpy.

"Dirk!"
Ezikeel
Ezikeel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  THISLOSERHERE Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:49 am

Dirk glanced at Dave before looking back up at the sky. Cal's gaze seemed to be aimed right at him, however, judging him. "Didn't think you'd come" Dirk mumbled. "I've been out here since this morning."
THISLOSERHERE
THISLOSERHERE

Back to top Go down

Post  Ezikeel Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:57 am

"Sorry, little buddy. Got tied up with work and shit. It's this shitty fucking rain's fault. I hate rain. It's depressing."

He huddled under the awning for a moment, producing a windbreaker from the bag he had around his shoulder. He shook it out and handed it to Dirk before rummaging around in the bag again. "Where the fuck... There it is."

He came up with another windbreaker, this one sized for a large toddler. "I thought Cal might need one, too."
Ezikeel
Ezikeel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  THISLOSERHERE Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:06 am

Dirk looked at the jackets, his lips twitching slightly, before accepting them. He put Cal's on him first, then let the puppet cling to his neck as he pulled his own on. "This is all I have. All that's really mine anyway" he stated, gesturing the backpack and small dufflebag at his side.
THISLOSERHERE
THISLOSERHERE

Back to top Go down

Post  Ezikeel Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:21 am

"We'll fix that, soon enough. There's dinner waiting at home, so let's start hoofin' it. Here, take the umbrella. I'm already soaked, anyway." He held out the unwieldy, safety orange thing. It was entirely possible that he'd bought it specifically for this occasion.
Ezikeel
Ezikeel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  THISLOSERHERE Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:32 am

"With the wind is the umbrella really a good idea?" Dirk asked. "I mean, I don't know if I can carry it and my bags"
THISLOSERHERE
THISLOSERHERE

Back to top Go down

Post  Ezikeel Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:36 am

"You have a point. I just don't want you gettin' wet and winding up with a cold. I mean, I can carry your shit for you, dude. I didn't expect you to carry everything you own all the way to my place. But whether or not you use the umbrella is up to you."
Ezikeel
Ezikeel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  THISLOSERHERE Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:42 am

Dirk took the umbrella with a small noise. "How far are we going?" he asked "I'd like to get a little bit of sleep, didn't get to last night"
THISLOSERHERE
THISLOSERHERE

Back to top Go down

Post  Ezikeel Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:50 am

"Ten minutes' walk if we hurry. So let's get moving and get you home, a'ight?" He ruffled Dirk's damp hair before reaching down to pick up the duffel bag. He set off in the direction of home, only glancing over his shoulder once to make sure Dirk was following.
Ezikeel
Ezikeel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  THISLOSERHERE Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:57 am

Dirk followed quickly, the umbrella in one hand, Cal in the other. He hoped he could make it, he hadn't been lying when he said that he hadn't slept the night before. He had spent the night packing after his foster parents had told him that he was to be gone as soon as the sun was up and he wasn't their problem anymore.

He failed to fight back a yawn. "So, what's your place like?" he asked, trying to focus on something to keep him awake.
THISLOSERHERE
THISLOSERHERE

Back to top Go down

Post  Ezikeel Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:01 am

"Eh, not huge. I mean, it's a house, not an apartment, but it's only two bedrooms. It's got a roof space, though, with a fence around it so no one can see up there. The yard has a fence, too. I like my privacy, and I'm sure you do, too."
Ezikeel
Ezikeel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  THISLOSERHERE Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:03 am

"I live for privacy" Dirk hummed. "As you know as you've spent the last five or so months ruining it. So am I in a room or on the couch?"
THISLOSERHERE
THISLOSERHERE

Back to top Go down

Post  Ezikeel Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:18 pm

Dave turned his head slightly and raised an eyebrow that was just barely visible over the top of his shades.

"A room, of course. I wasn't gonna make you just dump your shit in the living room, dude. I told you I'd give you a home, and I meant it."
Ezikeel
Ezikeel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  THISLOSERHERE Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:32 pm

"Great" Dirk hummed. "The bed has clean sheets on it right? Cause that's like one of my things."
THISLOSERHERE
THISLOSERHERE

Back to top Go down

Post  Ezikeel Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:40 pm

"Everything in your room is clean and pristine until you decide to make it otherwise. I made sure. If you need stuff to decorate and make it feel, y'know, more home-y, we can pick up anything you want."
Ezikeel
Ezikeel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  THISLOSERHERE Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:01 pm

"Bed's all I care about right now" Dirk admitted. "Well, that and if the door has a lock on it." He yawned widely, fighting the urge to stretch his arms and get drenched from moving the umbrella too far.
THISLOSERHERE
THISLOSERHERE

Back to top Go down

Post  Ezikeel Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:37 pm

" 'Course it does. If I need to get in, like in an emergency or something, a lock won't keep me out, but It's a pretty clear sign for when a person wants their privacy. And I like when things are straightforward." They rounded a corner and Dave pointed up ahead. "That's us up there. The short, reddish house with the stone facade."
Ezikeel
Ezikeel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  THISLOSERHERE Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:12 pm

"I get the feeling that red is a running theme with you." Dirk snorted. "Is there internet?" he asked after a pause
THISLOSERHERE
THISLOSERHERE

Back to top Go down

Post  Ezikeel Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:15 pm

"Can people survive without the internet?" Dave asked incredulously. "You sure do ask a lot of questions, kiddo. What happened to you being tired?"

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a keyring with three keys on it. One of them he used to unlock the front door, before handing the set to Dirk.

"Red key opens the front door. Gray key unlocks the garage. Orange key is your bedroom, if you want to lock it behind you when you leave."
Ezikeel
Ezikeel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  THISLOSERHERE Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:32 pm

"If I concentrate on talking, I won't concentrate on how little energy I have left." Dirk replied, accepting the keys. "How do I know you don't have a copy of the orange one?" he accused.
THISLOSERHERE
THISLOSERHERE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum